Apply on your iPhone
Apple Card is a new kind of credit card created by Apple. Integrated into the Wallet app and designed for iPhone and a healthier financial life, Apple Card sets a new level of privacy and security.
When you buy an Apple Product with Monthly Installments, you can also apply for Apple Card online. If you want to access all Apple Card features, you need to add Apple Card to your eligible iPhone or iPad.
What you should know about Apple Card
- It takes just minutes to apply.
- If you apply and don’t accept the offer or your application is declined, your credit score is not affected.
- There are no fees, including annual, late, over-the-limit, or other hidden fees.*
- You can see your initial credit limit and Annual Percentage Rate (APR) before you accept your offer.
- Easily track and manage your spending with Apple Card in Wallet.
- Get a percentage of your Apple Card purchases back as Daily Cash.
*Variable APRs range from 10.99 percent to 21.99 percent based on creditworthiness. Rates as of April 1, 2020.
How to apply for Apple Card in the Wallet app
Follow the steps below or watch the video to see how to apply for Apple Card >
1. See if you’re eligible
To get Apple Card, you must meet these requirements:
- Be 18 years or older, depending on where you live.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful U.S. resident with a valid, physical U.S. address that is not a P.O. Box. You can also use a military address.
- Own a compatible iPhone with the latest iOS version.1
- Use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- If you have a freeze on your credit report, you need to temporarily lift the freeze to apply for Apple Card. Learn how to lift your credit freeze with TransUnion here.
- You might need to verify your identity with a Driver license or State-issued photo ID.
2. Start your application
3. Fill out your information
Follow the steps on the next few screens to provide this information:
- Your first and last name, date of birth, and phone number
- Your home address
- The last four digits of your Social Security number and country of citizenship
- Your annual income, which can include self-employment income, retirement income, investment dividends, and more
If you’re asked for more information, learn what to do.
4. Agree to the Terms & Conditions
Tap Agree to accept the Apple Card Terms & Conditions and submit your application to Goldman Sachs for evaluation.
5. Accept your offer
When your application is approved, you are shown an initial credit limit and APR offer. To accept the offer, tap Accept Apple Card. You have up to 30 days to accept your offer and your credit score is not affected until after you accept.
If you accept, Apple Card is added to Wallet on your iPhone.
To decline your offer, just tap Decline Offer.
After you accept your offer, you can start using Apple Card to make purchases with Apple Pay. When you make purchases with Apple Card, you can start to get a percentage of each purchase back as Daily Cash. You can set Apple Card as your default payment card for Apple Pay, App Store, Apple Music and other Apple services, and also request your physical titanium Apple Card after accepting your offer.
If you’re asked for more information
In some cases, Goldman Sachs2 needs additional information to evaluate your application. You could be asked to provide your full Social Security number. To protect your identity, you might also be asked to capture your driver’s license or State-issued photo ID:
- Scan the front of your Photo ID and tap Continue.
- Scan the back of your Photo ID and tap Continue.
To rescan your Photo ID, tap Scan Again.3
Goldman Sachs might ask you to provide additional information on financial assets. In some cases, Goldman Sachs might request additional information about your relationship with Apple to further evaluate your application.
You can choose not to provide additional information at any point. If you choose not to share additional information, Goldman Sachs is unable to approve your application.
If you’re approved with insufficient credit
If your application is declined
Add Apple Card on your other devices
- Software is subject to change.
- Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch.
- If your photo ID won’t scan properly, contact Apple Support.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.
Published Date: July 02, 2020