- Install the OpenVPN service when you install the client;
- Place your OpenVPN profiles (with the extension .ovpn, not .conf as is common on Linux) in the config subdirectory of the OpenVPN installation directory, probably C:Program FilesOpenVPNconfig.
- Open the Services console (services.msc);
- Find OpenVPNService, right click on it, Properties, and change startup type from “Manual” to “Automatic”.
- Start the service, and OpenVPN will find and connect to the profiles in any .ovpn files. Keep in mind in most situations you need one TUN/TAP interface per connection file. In windows, I strongly advise to permanently associate an interface with their connection using the configuration files: dev-node TAP_Serv forces OpenVPN to bind the connection to the network interface named “Tap_Serv”.
The best way is to use services: