This tutorial will show you how to install Aptoide TV APK on the Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Android TV Boxes.
This alternative app store will work just as well as Google Play or Aurora Store.
Aptoide TV works similar to Google Play and best of all, this version is optimized for streaming devices that run Android OS such as the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Boxes.
Note: Aptoide TV has recently updated, which includes the following changes & improvements:
Quicker navigation with new menu
New card design
Easy access to available updates and installed apps
Minor bug fixes
One of the problems with installing android applications onto the Fire TV or Firestick is that they don’t work very well with the remote.
That isn’t the case with this optimized version of Aptoide TV since it has been specifically created for our streaming devices such as the Amazon Fire TV or FireStick.
If you choose to install Google Play on Firestick, then you will be required to root your device and go through a ton of steps to complete the process.
This is an easier method and best of all, most of the apps that are available in Google Play are also available on Aptoide TV.
Aptoide TV Highlights
One of the most popular 3rd party app stores available
Contains over 750,000 apps
Compatible with any device that runs Android OS such as the Firestick 4K, Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and Android TV Boxes
Free to install
Easy to navigate user interface
Great variety of app categories
Has many great apps that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store or Google Play
Works great with IPVanish VPN
Quick and simple installation process
For these reasons and more Aptoide TV is included as one of TROYPOINT’s Best Firestick Apps.
Important Note: Installing Aptoide TV is one of the first steps to “jailbreaking” an Amazon Firestick/Fire TV device. For more information on jailbreaking your Firestick/Fire TV be sure to check out our popular TROYPOINT guide below.
How to Jailbreak an Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
Use the steps below to install Aptoide on your preferred Streaming Device.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT does not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and should only contain works not protected by copyright. Referenced applications/addons/services are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
Aptoide TV User Interface Screenshots
Important Note: We suggest viewing our video guide below the screenshot tutorial for complete details and more information on Aptoide TV.
For the installation of Aptoide TV on our Firestick 4K we will be using the Downloader app to side-load the application.
Free TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer
Install the Best Streaming Apps in Minutes
The free TROYOINT app includes over 50 of the best streaming apps including the one you’re about to install on this page.
GET FREE APP
You won’t need the following tutorial or any others for that matter after installing the TROYPOINT App with Rapid App Installer.
NOTE: All applications in our Rapid App Installer have been scanned by VirusTotal and are completely virus-free.
Aptoide TV APK Installation Guide for Firestick & Fire TV
1. Install the Downloader app from your respective App Store (Amazon App Store or Google Play) and turn on Apps from Unknown sources in the settings of your streaming device.
If you haven’t done this yet please refer to the following screenshot tutorial that demonstrates this simple process.
How to Install Downloader & Enable Unknown Sources
2. Launch Downloader.
3. Click Allow.
4. Click OK.
5. Select the Browser tab within the left menu.
6. Click the Search box and type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – tv.aptoide.com and click Go
Note: The referenced link is the official URL of this app/addon. TROYPOINT does not own or operate any streaming website, service, app, or addon, and has no affiliation with any developers.
7. Scroll down and click Download Aptoide TV.
Important Note: If using an Android TV device or Chromecast with Google TV, you must first install the Downloader Browser Plugin.
You can do this by typing in “http://browser.aftvnews.com” within the URL box, or viewing that section in our Downloader Tutorial.
8. Wait for the file download to finish.
9. Click Install.
10. Click Done.
11. A pop-up window will appear, click the Delete button. This is necessary to free up your Firestick’s or Fire TV’s storage space.
12. Confirm by selecting the Delete button again on the screen.
13. The Aptoide TV app will not yet be included in the Your Apps & Games app section. Hold down the Home button on your remote until the Shortcut to Your Apps Library window appears. Click Apps.
14. You will be redirected to the apps that you have downloaded. Scroll down to the bottom to locate the Aptoide TV app.
15. Press the Menu button on your remote and select Move to front to move Aptoide TV to the front of Your Apps & Channels.
16. Aptoide TV is now placed in the front of Your Apps & Channels.
17. Aptoide TV is now successfully installed! Launch the application to get started.
18. Click OK when this message appears about what’s new with Aptoide TV.
19. Click Allow.
20. You are now ready to install apps using Aptoide TV. Enjoy!
WARNING! VPN REQUIRED
Your streaming activity is actively tracked by your Internet Service Provider, app/addon devs, and government through your identifying IP address.
Stream and download anonymously by using IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will encrypt your connection to the Internet and mask your IP address so you will remain 100% anonymous.
YOUR IDENTIFYING IP ADDRESS: 184.108.40.206
SAVE UP TO 62% WITH THIS TIME-SENSITIVE DEAL
IPVanish backs their service with a 30-day money back guarantee.
IPVanish allows you to use your account on unlimited Internet-connected devices
The video below will show you how to install Aptoide TV and “jailbreak” your device for unlimited streaming capabilities.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Android Devices
Although the Firestick guide above using Downloader is a similar process with Android devices, we wanted to show a different method.
Below we are using an X96 Max Android TV Box that runs the Stock Android operating system (OS).
I suggest viewing our Android Resource Guide for more information on the differences in Android OS and other information.
If using an Android mobile device you will need to install the Aptoide mobile version on the Aptoide Official Website.
1. First, you will need to get our free Rapid App Installer if you haven’t already
2. Once you have the Rapid App Installer on your device, launch the TROYPOINT App.
3. Click OK when prompted with this message.
4. On the home screen of the TROYPOINT App select Rapid App Installer.
5. If prompted with this message click Allow.
6. Scroll down and locate Aptoide TV. Click the download icon on the right.
7. Wait a few seconds for the APK file to download.
8. Next click the play icon.
9. If prompted with this message, click Settings.
10. Scroll down and hover over the TROYPOINT app option. Click the OK button on your remote to enable the TROYPOINT app.
11. Next click Install.
12. Click Done.