Here is the best list of ideas for how to make money as a teenager.
Not having the money you need as a teenager can be awkward and annoying. I get it. You don’t want to ask your parents for money ever again.
That’s why I have created this list of over 200 ways to make money as a teenager.
I keep this list updated with most popular ways teens are making money including how to make money online as a teen, how to make money fast as a teen, and the best jobs for teens.
Most Popular Ways For Teens To Make Money
These are the most popular ways for teens to make money.
Most teenagers aren’t interested in the traditional ways to make money as a teen like mowing lawns and lemonade stands.
Those ideas were cool in the 90’s but not anymore. With the internet, there are so many great ways to make money online!
The best part is many of these ideas can become a real business. With some grit and determination, by the time you graduate you, won’t even need a job. That is my goal for you.
- Swagbucks– This is the most popular way teens make some quick money online. Check out my Swagbucks Review to learn how to make your first $100.
- Start A Website– Looking to make a real online business? Then this is the first place to start. Check out my FREE Start A Website As A Teen Guide.
- Snagajob– If you are 14 and older, a job might be the best place to start. In my Snagajob Review, you can find a job in literally 60 seconds. I’m talking about school jobs, summer jobs, and more.
- Shopify Dropshipping– This will blow your mind! You can have your own eCommerce business with no overhead and set it up super fast using these tactics. Check out this Shopify Dropshipping Webinar that will show you how to get started today.
- Rent Your Bedroom– Would you be willing to sleep on your couch for $50 to $150? Then you should consider becoming a host on Airbnb. As long as your parents are on board this is a sweet idea.
- Fundraising– Have you ever thought of doing your own fundraiser? If school sports teams can make great money doing them then so can you. Check out 18+ fundraisers for teens.
- Youtuber– There are thousands of teens already making a living with their Youtube Channel. Why not join the ranks? If you’re serious, I highly recommend joining the Hollens Creator Academy. This is the fastest way to start a profitable Youtube channel as a teenager! Peter Hollens knows what he is talking about when it comes to crushing it on Youtube.
- Instagramer– Did you know you can make money from your Instagram account if you have enough followers? Learn what it takes to make money on Instagram as a teen.
How To Make Money FAST As A Teen (Quick $100)
I have surveyed thousands of teens on what they want to buy. Most of what teens want to buy things that can be bought for under $100. These are the best ways for how to make money fast as a teen:
No more feeling dumb when your friend says, “Hey let’s get go get ice cream!” and you respond, “Uhhhhh.” Or you won’t have to worry when you run out of Roblox. These are the best ideas for how to make money as a teen FAST!
- Swagbucks– Yes again, this is one of the favorite ways for teens to make money. You can do this on your computer or phone and you don’t have to knock on doors or ask your parents for money.
- Parents– Most teens would rather not earn money from their parents but why not? It’s the easiest and fastest way. Here is a killer guide to help you earn more money from your parents.
- Babysitting– With just a few phone calls, you can have a couple babysitting jobs and earn the money you need. You’re in luck because I made an incredible guide to help you get all the babysitting jobs you want.
- Pet Service- Pets are almost like kids these days. (Sad truth). People are willing to pay big bucks to have their pets taken care of, including dog walking, scooping poop, grooming, pet sitting and more. Here my pet sitting guide.
- Bake Sale– In one weekend I’m sure you can make $20 to $100 doing a bake sale. Here are some clever ways to dominate your next bake sale.
- Yard Sale- Everyone has more stuff then they know what to do with. Why not sell it? Better yet, do a yard sale and bake sale together to really rake in the dough.
- Sell Your Clothes- There are sites and stores popping up everywhere these days where you can sell your used clothes or items online. Learn more here.
- Mow Lawns- If my 10-year-old neighbor boy can mow my huge lawn then there is no reason a teen like you shouldn’t be able to mow a couple lawns a week. (This is called hustling.)
- Car Cleaning– You would be amazed at the money people are willing to throw down on keeping their cars looking good. This is a great idea if you are willing to get your fingers dirty.
Here are additional with more ideas for making money as a teenager.
Ideas By Age: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Jobs For Teens By Age: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Make $500, $1000 and Beyond
Now that we have taken care of everyone who only wants to make a quick buck, let’s talk business. These ideas are not for the weak of heart or the lazy but for those of you who are the Exceptions, the Remarkable Teens, the Cash Hackers. Here’s how to make a lot of money as a teen.
11 Best Jobs For Teens
Not every teen needs to or should start their own business. That’s okay. You can easily get a great job and make all the money you want. My brother just started delivering pizza and is making $70 to $90 a night after school.
If getting a job is the right fit for you then great! I want to help you find a good job in the next 60 seconds.
Snagajob– Find a job in 60 seconds in my Snagajob review. Find after-school jobs, summer jobs and dream jobs here.
Pro Tip: Jobs, where you can earn tips or get lots overtime are the best jobs for teens.
Here are some of the most common jobs for teens. For more ideas click the link for the ultimate list of jobs for teens.
- Teenager Jobs with Tips
- Car Washing
- Pizza Delivery
- Golf Caddy
- Grocery Stores
- Farm Jobs
- Custodial Jobs
- Trade-Based Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Landscaping Jobs
- Entertainment Centers
- Parks & Rec
7 Best Ways For Teens To Make Money Online
Disclaimer! These ideas are not fast or easy. They take a lot of hard work, persistence, and grit. But they are the best for how to make money online as a teen.
It’s like riding a roller coaster of emotions. (You’ll know what I mean if you try these ideas out.) If you are feeling weak in the knees, don’t worry—this can be a lot of fun and VERY rewarding.
There are two main ways to make money online as a teen. Either you build an audience and sell products to them or you make great products and sell them to others’ audiences.
I prefer growing an audience first versus creating a product first and then an audience. There’s a great debate between marketers on which is best but that’s up for you to decide.
1. Start A Website
No matter what online business you decide to start, you will need a website. If you are a Youtuber, Instagramer, Facebooker or have an online presence you will need to have a website as your hub. Learn how to start your own website as a teen that makes money here.
2. Youtube Business
Most teens don’t want to be doctors these days, they want to be Youtubers. And why not? It is a lot of work but you don’t have to go to years of school and you can start now. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of teens crushing it on youtube and making more money than their parents. You can too. Learn how to start a youtube business here.
3. Shopify Dropshipping
I have recently discovered Shopify dropshipping. Holy cow! This is so cool. I have seen teens making crazy money starting their own e-commerce store on Shopify. With the dropshipping model, there is so little risk. You don’t have to have inventory or even ship products. All you have to do is the marketing. If you want to have your mind blown about the possibilities of starting your own Shopify Dropshipping business then you should check out this FREE webinar.
4. Instagram Business
What?? You can make your Instagram a business? Yes, you can. I did some consulting for an Instagramer who had 180K followers and was making enough money for her husband to quit being a lawyer. If Instagram is your thing, you probably understand how to use it better than most businesses. Learn how to start an Instagramer business here.
5. Podcast Business
The new radio today is podcasts. What does that mean for you? If you have dreamed of having your own radio talk show—well, today you can. Really…if you like to talk a lot then you should seriously consider starting your own podcast. Pat Flynn’s free podcasting tutorial is a great place to start.
6. Pinterest Business
Pinterest is a huge search engine of images from crafters to hairstyles. If Instagram is your thing I recommend starting a website and posting images to Pinterest to get traffic to your website. Generally, bloggers will use several social media sites to get traffic to their websites like Pinterest and Facebook.
7. Sell A Course
Everyone’s an expert in something. You can take your expertise and create a course to sell. Udemy and Craftsy are places you can make and sell a course even if you don’t have an audience. However, there are many platforms to make and sell courses from like Thinkific and Teachable.
Don’t worry if you haven’t found something that sparks your interest yet; I have tons of ideas! See, I told you this was the freaking best list of ideas for how to make money as a teenager
The rest of these ideas are going to be broken up into Service businesses or Product businesses. Because that’s what most businesses do: they either do a service for someone or provide them with a product.
Don’t worry here are 17 more lists of ideas for making money as a teenager.
9 Ways To Make Money As A Teen Photographer
If you love taking photos and dream of being a photographer then here are some ideas and resources where you can sell your photos or get paid to take photos of special events.
The first five ideas are places where you can sell your photos. The last four ideas are events you can get paid to shoot photos for people.
- Family Photos
- Event Photos
- Photographer Assistant- This is a good place to start if you are a beginning photographer.
How To Start Tutoring As A Teenager (9 Best Ways)
Do you dream of becoming a teacher? Don’t wait till you graduate from college. Get started now with tutoring. I hear you can actually make more money tutoring than by being a teacher.
- Enroll- This is a site where you can sign up to find tutoring gigs.
- Music Lessons
- Foreign Language
- Swim Lessons- If you have access to a swimming pool then you can make a lot of money doing swim lessons in the summertime.
- Sports Training
Top 10 Best Teen Freelance Jobs
If you have some computer skills you can probably freelance. Freelance is where you work temporarily for people or businesses (generally from home). Fiverr and Upwork are the two biggest.
I hired a teen to do some voiceovers for me on Fiverr. I think I paid her almost $200. The cool thing is that most of these skills can be self-taught by watching Youtube videos.
Freelancing is probably one of the best online jobs for teenagers. There are tons of ideas for freelance jobs on Fiverr and Upwork. Here are a few of the categories.
- Social Media Management
- Graphics & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Video Editing
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
- Fun & Lifestyle
19 Ways Teens Can Make Money From Homeowners
Everyone has a home. Homes need to be cared for, repaired, and maintained. Most of the ideas below are offered by professional businesses. If they can do it, why can’t you?
You can start by offering these services to family, friends, and neighbors you know. You may not have heard of some of these ideas before, so I will give a brief explanation of each one.
- Street Address Numbers– This idea is great for making some good money fast.
- Watering Plants– Even if people don’t have pets they probably have plants that need watering when they are on vacation.
- House Sitting– While people are on vacation they need their plants and pets taken care of this is a perfect teen job.
- Handyman– Most homes have a lot of simple maintenance that really adds up over time that a teen handyman could easily do.
- Window Washing– I know several people who have paid their way through college by having a window washing business.
- House Cleaning– I know several teens who clean houses. It’s a great way to make money as a teen fast.
- Furniture Cleaning– Furniture is an often neglected item that needs cleaning as well.
- Tile Grout Cleaning– This is a premium service that carpet cleaners will often provide. Why not you?
- Critter Control– Rodents are the worst! Between moles, mice, and rats you could keep yourself busy with business.
- Organic Pest Control– You have to have a license to spray normal pest control, however, Organic Pest Control is fair game for teens.
- Peephole Installer– This is great service because you can see exactly who needs your service just by looking at their front door.
- Carpet Cleaner– You can easily rent a rug doctor from Walmart and clean peoples carpets.
- Painter– Painting is a never-ending job because paint wears out. Here are some things you could paint for people and get paid.
- Home Exterior
- Epoxy Paint Garage Floors
- Garage Interior
- Home Interior
- Clean Gutters– Gutters get clogged with leaves and dirt. It’s a dirty well paying way for teens to make money.
- Garbage Can Service– If 6-year-olds can get paid to take out and bring back people’s trash cans then why not a teenager like you.
- Garbage Can Cleaning Service– Garbage cans get stinky and need to be cleaned periodically. I have seen teens do this as part of fundraisers for school and sports.
- Recreational Vehicles Cleaning– The last thing people want to do when getting home from a fun adventure is cleaning their recreation vehicles. If people have these in your neighborhood, this could be a great idea.
- ATV & UTV
- Shoe Shine– Everyone has shoes that need to be shined. Watch a few youtube videos on how to do it and start getting shoe shine dollars.
- Helping Elderly Set Up Electronics– Geek Squad is a huge business and all they do is help people set up their electronics. You could probably do this in your sleep.
Schools Out! Holiday & Event Cash Makers
Holidays and community events are great times to make some extra money because there is no school. Here are a few great ways to bring in some extra money around the holidays. These may be new ideas for you so I will give a brief…