Nokia 7 Plus Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
We all once thought that Nokia was done making Smartphones a few years back. But, in 2017 we saw Nokia emerge as an Android Smartphone. Since then, fans of Nokia have been really excited and waiting for more surprises that Nokia has to offer in the future. Now, after a year Nokia has set its foot in almost all range of smartphones and recently launched the Nokia 7 Plus which has joined the line of mid-range smartphones.
But, what exactly makes the Nokia 7 Plus unique? Well, there quite a lot of factors but let me mention the major ones, the Nokia 7 Plus has excellent and elegant build quality, a stock Android experience and a beautiful dual Rear camera by ZEISS optics. Similarly to iPhones, Nokia has promised to roll out frequent updates to keep your Smartphone up to date.
The Nokia 7 Plus has many competitors mainly in the mid-range. Phones like the Vivo V9, Oppo F7, Moto Z2 Force, Moto X4 go head to head against the Nokia 7 Plus. So, if you are looking forward to getting this phone or just looking for some knowledge about this smartphone, then you are in the right place as we will be discussing every Pros & Cons of the Nokia 7 Plus in specific detail.
- 6 inch IPS LCD Display.
- Rear Camera:m 12MP + 13 MP Dual Rear Camera.
- Front Camera: 16MP.
- 4 GB RAM/ 64 GB internal storage.
- Android Oreo 8.1
- 3800 mAh.
back to menu ↑
- Rear Camera: On booting the Camera of the Nokia 7 Plus, the camera interface lets you choose from a variety features like the HDR mode, timer shots, a dual mode that lets you take pictures using the front and rear camera simultaneously, panorama mode, live bokeh mode and Pro mode. The featured 12 MP and 13 MP camera by ZEISS has a f/1.75 aperture where one is a regular camera and the other is a telephoto lens. Images captured in daylight conditions result in a very good image where there is up to no noticeable noise. The captured shots have very accurate colour with a slight vividness in them which makes the images look sharper. The Nokia 7 Plus’s camera is capable of capturing an ample amount of details too and the HDR mode also captures some extra good quality images. In Low-lit scenarios, the camera manages to capture a good amount of details but a noticeable amount of noise creeps in the darker areas but, we cannot complain due to its price range.
- Front Camera: The 16 MP camera could capture some good selfies along with the decent amount of details. The Front Camera also comes with a Portrait/bokeh mode which captures decent Portrait shots. However, I was not impressed by the performance of the edge detection.
- The Nokia 7 Plus can record EIS 1080p videos with both the Front & Rear Camera.
- Yes, the Nokia 7 Plus features the face unlock but, I did not find this feature that attractive as we can find the common face unlock in most of the budget Smartphones today.
- The 6 inch IPS display with the 18:9 aspect ratio looks absolutely stunning, there are no viewing angle issues and also, the display is crystal clear and visible even when used outdoors.
- Placement of the fingerprint sensor is excellent. The fingerprint is easy to access and very accurate, you can unlock the smartphone in a split second.
- The back of the Nokia 7 Plus is a metal back with a plastic finish. The design is elegant and the placement of everything feels excellent, it feels great on holding and looks premium at the same time.
- The Nokia 7 Plus has 3 inbuilt mics by OZO for 360 degrees clear audio recording.
- The Nokia 7 Plus also homes some of the most important sensors like- Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and a gyroscope sensor to enjoy videos and games in VR.
- The Nokia 7 Pus runs on Android one based on Android Oreo 8.1. Users get frequent updates every month to stay updated with Android latest versions.
- In the box of the Nokia 7 Plus comes a transparent silicon case which can be used to keep the device safe from scratches and dust.
- The 4GB is surprisingly sufficient and super smooth with no noticeable hiccups in performance. I would like to personally thanks Nokia for the excellent RAM management in the Nokia 7 Pro.
- When the 4GB RAM and the Snapdragon 660 when paired together can play all android games smoothly, games like PUBG mobile and Asphalt 8 with runs like cheese. So, I would definitely suggest the Nokia 7 Plus for hardcore Android gamers.
- The Nokia 7 Plus comes with only one speaker which is placed at the bottom and is decently loud and clear. The audio doesn’t crack even when played on max volume.
- The Nokia 7 Plus has aa USB-C which allows fast charging and a quicker data transfer.
- The Nokia 7 Plus has a 3.5 headphone jack. And, you also get a piece of premium looking and excellent sounding earphones with a mic in the box of the Nokia 7 Plus. But, if you are looking for excellent earphones at a reasonable price tag then, check our list of Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India & Top 10 Best Earphones under 1000 Rs in India.
- The Nokia 7 Plush comes with a Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Also, in the box of Nokia 7 Plus you get a 9V/2A and 12V/2A rated fast charger.
- The phone also has Bluetooth so you can connect your speakers or use your smartwatch with it. Looking for a smartwatch? Check our list of Top 5 Best Smartwatches under 10000 Rs in India.
- One thing that I loved about the Nokia 7 Plus is the optimization of the 3800mAh battery. We cannot say that the 3800 mah battery is excellent or huge for a smartphone as most of them last just up to a whole day but, the battery optimization by Nokia made the Nokia 7 Plus last for almost one and a half day of moderate use.
- Calls using 4G or VOTE is also clear and good.
back to menu ↑
- Camera: Shots taken using the front camera of the Nokia 7 PLus in low lighting conditions has a lot of noise that results in a reddish or sometimes yellowish pinch to the captured pictures. Even, Portraits shots take too long to captured.
- It would have been nice to see some sort of IP rating on this device. Because at least IP67 or IP66 is common on smartphones at the price tag of 26,000. Want to know more about IP rating? check out our article on IP67 vs IP68: Waterproof IP Rating Explained [with Flow Chart].
- The lack of an IR blaster is also disappointing to see.
- Nokia did a good job on implementing EIS to Nokia 7 Pus’s cameras but, OIS would have been much appreciated at the price tag of Rs. 26,000.
- The SM slot in the Nokia 7 Plus is a Hybrid Sim SLot where you could either use two simultaneously or Just one SIM card and an SD card. Looking for a solution for Hybrid SIM trays? check our article on how to use Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem
back to menu ↑
The Nokia 7 Plus is indeed a good phone. Looking for an optimized battery and a smooth stock Android UI with a really good camera on a smartphone? Then, the Nokia 7 Plus, in my opinion, would be the best deal for you. However, the price of the Nokia 7 Plus bothers me a little, I think this would have been a “people’s favourite Smartphone” if the Nokia 7 Plus was available for around Rs. 21k- 22k. But, besides all that, the Nokia 7 Plus is a great mid-range Smartphone.
back to menu ↑back to menu ↑
Create Your Free Price Drop Alert!
back to menu ↑
8.8 Total Score
Nokia is better making Android Smartphones
Value for money
- Excellent Build quality.
- RAM management is done well.
- The battery is optimized for longer backup.
- Great mid-range Camera Smartphone.
- Supports Fast Charging.
- Hybrid SIM slot
- No IP rating
User Rating:4.33(3 votes)
We hope you like our post “Nokia 7 Plus Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Handpicked Articles you might like